180A Time Mark Generator

Recently picked one of these up in good, original condition. Seems to be an earlier one, with the serial being 5005. Pretty filthy, but literally has no dents, and does not exhibit any evidence of being tampered with.

The one issue that is obvious at this point, is that it possesses those rubber fan mounts, and they have rotted away.

Seems I have read here in the past that some folks have developed a repair for this situation. If so, I would appreciate knowing what others have done. Being a toolmaker by trade, I am sure I can come up with some sort of mounts. Still, I would like to see how other owners have addressed the problem.

Raymond Cote

This may not apply in this case but my old
Time code nixie based generator was repaired with. Robber grommets. I found these st Ace hardware of all places nitbRadio Shack. YMMV

On May 16, 2018, at 14:34, Jerome D Leach <jeromeleach17@gmail.com> wrote:

Recently picked one of these up in good, original condition. Seems to be an earlier one, with the serial being 5005. Pretty filthy, but literally has no dents, and does not exhibit any evidence of being tampered with.

The one issue that is obvious at this point, is that it possesses those rubber fan mounts, and they have rotted away.

Seems I have read here in the past that some folks have developed a repair for this situation. If so, I would appreciate knowing what others have done. Being a toolmaker by trade, I am sure I can come up with some sort of mounts. Still, I would like to see how other owners have addressed the problem.

tom jobe <tomjobe@...>

Hello,
I didn't see that you got a reply to your fan mount question yet so let me 'take a swing' at it.
The manual for the 180A does not show us a picture of the fan mounts, but they might be the ordinary ones that were used on many of the 500 series tube style scopes and curve tracers of similar vintage.
If the mounts are rubber with a simple threaded metal stud sticking out of each end, you can buy them from McMaster-Carr and other suppliers.
Maybe have a look at this page of the Mcmaster-Carr catalog, they have quite a selection of that style mount.
https://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-mounts/=1cw8nub
tom jobe...

On 5/16/2018 12:34 PM, Jerome D Leach wrote:
Recently picked one of these up in good, original condition. Seems to be an earlier one, with the serial being 5005. Pretty filthy, but literally has no dents, and does not exhibit any evidence of being tampered with.

The one issue that is obvious at this point, is that it possesses those rubber fan mounts, and they have rotted away.

Seems I have read here in the past that some folks have developed a repair for this situation. If so, I would appreciate knowing what others have done. Being a toolmaker by trade, I am sure I can come up with some sort of mounts. Still, I would like to see how other owners have addressed the problem.

.

Sorry for not replying sooner Tom, but yeah, they appear to be the same ones. A fellow Tekscopes member, Dave Wise, is sending me three of the mounts. Didn't figure McMaster would have them, so I didn't check there.