Von: sdturne@q.com<mailto:sdturne@q.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. Mai 2020 00:19
An: TekScopes@groups.io<mailto:TekScopes@groups.io>
Betreff: [TekScopes] 184 Time-Mark Generator lamp

Hi all,

I recently acquired a rather nice shape 184 for the princely sum of $70. After some good burn in and exercising the controls following by a few adjustments, it ticks along perfectly except for the HF oscillator (but that's beyond the scope of this topic) and the green power lamp (above the oven lamp, which is working), which is burned out. I was surprised to find the bulb is one assembly that plugs into the socket. I assume these are probably unobtainium, but would be interested in being contacted off list if someone has one they are willing to part with.

Thanks!

Sean

@0culus

Hi Melvin,

How did you get the lamp module open? It looks very well sealed to me.

Sean

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 06:11 AM, Melvin Gleep wrote:

Hi Sean,

I had the same Problem, but it is easy to fix. You can take the plugable power
lamp apart and you will find a small bulb inside. Just remove it and solder in
a replacement bulb. I had one in my parts bin (I think it was 7volts at About
20 mA, but not sure) which fit nicely. If you cannot find a replcement bulb,
just use an LED instead (with limiting resistor, of Course) which fits nicely
within the lamp plug housing.

Melvin Gleep

Hi Sean,

There are four indents punched into the bottom end of the aluminum can, punching into the plastic base and thus holding it in place. If you take a small drill bit or burring tool, you can carefully twist out the aluminum indents and then easily pry off the base, revealing the insides. After replacing the bulb, you can just reinsert the base with a drop of glue.

Regards,
Melvin

How did you get the lamp module open? It looks very well sealed to me.

Sean

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 06:11 AM, Melvin Gleep wrote:

Hi Sean,

I had the same Problem, but it is easy to fix. You can take the plugable power
lamp apart and you will find a small bulb inside. Just remove it and solder in
a replacement bulb. I had one in my parts bin (I think it was 7volts at About
20 mA, but not sure) which fit nicely. If you cannot find a replcement bulb,
just use an LED instead (with limiting resistor, of Course) which fits nicely
within the lamp plug housing.

david

Dialight makes a LED replacement. Part number is 507-4859-3332-500F. Mouser has them but the price is $13.19 each.
David

Greg Muir

David,

With regards to the LED version you obviously pay for the long life plus probable low demand for an older style indicator.

Greg