2235 stuck cover

Bert Haskins

I have removed the cover from many 22xx Teks over the years but this one has me stumped.
I've removed the back plastic and the two ( top and bottom ) small screws and the cover is still locked on tight.

Am I cracking up or what?

Thanks,
Bert

tom jobe <tomjobe@...>

You don’t mention the screw on the side, but you do mention two screws being removed after the back cover was off.
I think there are only those two ,the side and bottom screws but I’m not at home to have a look at any 22xx’s

On Apr 10, 2018, at 7:27 AM, Bert Haskins <bhaskins@chartermi.net> wrote:

I have removed the cover from many 22xx Teks over the years but this one has me stumped.
I've removed the back plastic and the two ( top and bottom ) small screws and the cover is still locked on tight.

Am I cracking up or what?

Thanks,
Bert

Ed Breya

Sometimes the cans can be a tight fit on the chassis. This can be aggravated by any dents, dings, grit, or corrosion that can make the Al surfaces gall and bind up. Once you are sure all the fasteners are removed, you can apply gentle brute force by placing the scope upright with its back end resting on a piece of carpeting or towels on the floor, and pushing the can downward. Hold the handle knobs on the sides to apply the force. Some rocking and twisting should help to slightly deform the whole thing, breaking any surface bonds.

Ed