From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of @Tek_HP
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2020 11:27 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] 155-0035-00

The spectrum analyzer 7L5 contains two 155-0035-00 quad op amps. One of the four was faulty. No direct replacement was available. Therefore, I disconnected the three affected pins, then piggy-backed a LM324 in place with ±15V lines attached to the 115-0035 and added three wires for the socket. The remaining three op amps in the LM324 are not used.
Works nicely. The gain/bandwidth product of the LM324 is much smaller, but that does not affect the performance.

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Dave Casey

Page 3-6 of the 1982 Semiconductor common design parts catalog lists the
Tek made (155) ICs.

Dave Casey

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:09 PM Dennis Tillman W7pF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF>
wrote:

Hi pitti_pu,
I am puzzled by this part number. The 7L5 service manual confirms it is
correct but there are no 155-0035 ICs. In fact there are no ICs starting
with 155 in any of the Tek Semiconductor or IC parts catalogs I have.

Can someone point me to a list of Tek ICs that does have the 155-xxxx IC
in it?

Dennis Tillman W7pF

The spectrum analyzer 7L5 contains two 155-0035-00 quad op amps. One of
the four was faulty. No direct replacement was available. Therefore, I
disconnected the three affected pins, then piggy-backed a LM324 in place
with ±15V lines attached to the 115-0035 and added three wires for the
socket. The remaining three op amps in the LM324 are not used.
Works nicely. The gain/bandwidth product of the LM324 is much smaller, but
that does not affect the performance.

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Colin Herbert

FYI, although there are no 155-0035 ICs there, someone on eBay is selling Tek 155 ICs. You just have to travel to Camberley, UK to pick them up:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tektronix-Custom-IC-155-XXXX-XX-New-Old-Stock/333676532016?var=542767266724&hash=item4db0abd130:g:HjYAAOSwL1VfKoiU

I might point out that Camberley isn't far from London and that I have bought stuff from this seller happily. He usually posts stuff, so why he is only offering pick up on things that would go in a static-sensitive bag in a Jiffy-Bag I don't understand.

Colin.

[...]

Dennis and all:
Check the "Tek_RPR_155_Tek_Made_ICs.pdf", pg. 7332 as shown on page or page 40 of 90 when opened with the PDF reader, which is on the TekWiki site. It shows the 155-0035-00 and also shows that it is in the 7L5 Spectrum Analyzer as well as other Plug ins including the 7L13, 7L14, 7L18 and sampling plugins.
I opened a "hanger queen" 7L5 that I have and indeed there is a U1400 and it is marked 155-0035-00. The U730 is harder to get access to but I will assume that it is also that P/N.
Sorry if I have misunderstood the original post but Dennis indicated that he couldn't find that Tek custom IC.
If "@Tek_HP" is in the USA I can send him one from my parts unit if he still needs it.
Bill

Siggi

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 8:09 PM Dennis Tillman W7pF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF>
wrote:

Hi pitti_pu,
I am puzzled by this part number. The 7L5 service manual confirms it is
correct but there are no 155-0035 ICs. In fact there are no ICs starting
with 155 in any of the Tek Semiconductor or IC parts catalogs I have.
On page 5-11 of this doc http://w140.com/tek_made_sm.pdf, there's a
description of this one.

It was an admin error, they will post them

David.

FYI, although there are no 155-0035 ICs there, someone on eBay is selling Tek 155 ICs. You just have to travel to Camberley, UK to pick them up:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tektronix-Custom-IC-155-XXXX-XX-New-Old-Stock/333676532016?var=542767266724&hash=item4db0abd130:g:HjYAAOSwL1VfKoiU

I might point out that Camberley isn't far from London and that I have bought stuff from this seller happily. He usually posts stuff, so why he is only offering pick up on things that would go in a static-sensitive bag in a Jiffy-Bag I don't understand.

Colin.

Peter H

http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/155-0035-00 has details and links to data books.