155-0001-00 repair or replacement?

That's the hybrid containing the six microscopic Schottky diodes for an S-4 sampling head.
Is there any source for a replacement, or is there someone who has the tools to replace individual diodes?
Google didn't turn up anything.
thanks.

snapdiode

Yikes.

As luck would have it, I bought 2 new 155-0001-00 hybrids
in a big parts buy 2 years ago of Tek service center components.
I often wondered what the heck they were...

I have 2 new ones still in anti-static bags if they will help anybody.
is US$20 plus shipping reasonable? Please contact me off-list.

all the best,
walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research corp.

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.

snapdiode

Wow! That's a stroke of good fortune in an otherwise almost impossible quest.

PM sent!
I got a reasonable ebay offer on an S-4 "not working, bad offset" and I figure I can fix anything else except the hybrid. So I guess I'll accept once I confirm with Walter :)

Well crap. Someone beat me to it already, even though I replied minutes after I saw the post :(
Whoever you are, how about selling me one of them?
thanks.

Turns out my request was #3 in line... but the #2 person thoughtfully yielded his place to me, so I could buy one. Thank you, anonymous Tekkie :) Despite the post office's best efforts to flatten it into foil (separate post), it apparently survived.

The most likely cause of the S-4 with offscreen trace is a bad hybrid. It's not hard to blow those microscopic diodes. Rather than spend time on troubleshooting, I just changed the hybrid. Surprisingly easy, especially since I read the instructions first...

Sure enough, it's now pretty close to balanced even without tweaking the bridge adjustments, and it displays the same waveform as the S-1 and S-2 with a little overshoot/ring visible on each rising and falling edge. At least with real-time sampling (and the relatively limited speed of my 114 pulse generator) since I haven't resumed my battle with the 3T77A.