Topics

7603 Readout Diagnosing Help Please

@DC912

The readouts on my scope have turned into small vertical lines. The lines seem to be in the correct location on the screen. Intensity of the lines varies with the readout intensity control. The scope works fine otherwise, and the regulated voltages are correct.

I have the 7633 schematic, but would appreciate any suggestions which might narrow down the search. Thanks.

unclebanjoman

Are you talking about 7633 or 7603?

Max

Roger Evans

Do you have one vertical line per character (ie 8 adjacent lines when you press IDENTIFY) or one vertical line per readout slot (3 vertical lines at the top of the screen if you have both vertical slots enabled)? You can get the 7603 service manual at w140.com/tekwiki.

Regards,

Roger

@DC912

7603, sorry. I meant to say I have the 7603 manual.

When I press “Identify” the correct trace moves, but the one vertical line doesn’t change.

Yesterday, the trace stopped displaying fully across the screen. It starts about 3 or 4 cm from the left edge and ends the same distance from the right edge.

Any chance the readout and horizontal trace problem are related (I hope)?

Fabio Trevisan

Hello DC902,
I don't know if the horizontal compression is still happening or if it comes and goes, if it is, try to set a slower sweep speed and find out if the sweep is running backwards,
If it's running backwards, then you're probably looking at the exact same problem as I just had with my 7623A.
See the threads:
Tek 7623A - Inverted and compressed Horizontal only from TB (was 7623A + 7A26 + 7B53)
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/message/145359

Tek 7623A - Inverted and compressed Horizontal only from TB (SOLVED)
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/message/145419

While it may sound good for you that someone else (me) would have had the same problem and possibly the solution, as you will see looking at the first message of thread #145359 above, the problem disappeared while I was troubleshooting, checking and re-seating the Hor. Signal cable, between the Interface board and the Hor. Amp. board.
Most likely explanation was that one of the sides had a false contact (maybe caused by thickened contact lubricant).

I don't have a problem with my readout, but I would like to rephrase / resubmit the question of Roger... When you press Identify... Are you getting 8 small vertical lines (one for each character) in place where the readout should be displaying the word? or are you getting one vertical line for each the whole word identify?

Qualité SAV <iphonequalite@...>

thanks for the help, I found the fault, a condenstor on power supply c1016
that burned. I made the repair but now I have a code fail 5 at startup ???

--
Patrick

Roger Evans

Can you say again what mainframe and what plugins you are using?

My 7603 manual does not have a part C1016, also 'Code 5 fail' sounds like an error code from a mainframe or plugin that has a built in microprocessor.

Regards,

Roger