Topics

11A16 Problem

Steve C

I have a 11A16 module and when plugged in in any slot of a DSA602 it displays "Illegal self test cmd" and nothing else happens. I also tried it in a 11300 series scope and no self test happens for any module when plugged in. Both mainframes work well with other modules (when the 11A16 is unplugged). Is the NVRAM battery dead in the 11A16 causing this error? Or it is something else? Apparently this happens while "Comm Test in Progress" and the self tests will not get past this.

Appreciate the help.

Egge Siert

Hi Steve,

Your Mainframes Firmware must be compatible with the 11A16. See page 1-2 of the 11A16 User Manual (TekWiki).

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Steve C

Hi Egge,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the 11301 mainframe firmware and is version 2.4. Also, the 11A16 User Manual say for 11301/11302 the firmware version should be 2.4 or later, so it is compatible.
It seems that this is not the issue.

Thanks,
Steve

Egge Siert

Hi Steve,

I never experienced such a problem with the 11000 Series (and yes I have a 11A16). It looks to me as a problem with the Kernel Tests. See page 3-2 of the Service Manual.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Steve C

This may be, but there is no flashing of the CH1 or CH2 LEDs. I don't have any fault code from the plug-in, just what I see on the DSA602 screen: "Comm Test in Progress" and then "Illegal self test cmd". This may be one of the initial steps the communication is set up, before any self test starts.

Thanks,
Steve