From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Kurt
Rosenfeld
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:01 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] 100 Tek Photos

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YoJB_t2OX3jd6xqaJcXolzmO09kzH8zU

I didn't take the photos and don't know anything about them. All I did is scan
them. Enjoy.

John Griessen

On 9/11/19 6:55 PM, John Miles wrote:
I love the drop test in img159.jpg. The look on the (engineer's?) face says it all!
-- john, KE5FX
He looks, "concerned"... How about those pants and wide 70's belt, huh?
I wore some Clarks shoes like that when I was 12,13, but by the time I was doing entry level drop testing and such, it was the eighties... Did wear wide belts in high school though!

The drop tester looks capable of testing a 2 ft cube of lead...

Dave Daniel

I like the test fixture in #172.

DaveD

Sent from a small flat thingy

On Sep 11, 2019, at 20:08, John Griessen <john@...> wrote:

On 9/11/19 6:55 PM, John Miles wrote:
I love the drop test in img159.jpg. The look on the (engineer's?) face says it all!
-- john, KE5FX
He looks, "concerned"... How about those pants and wide 70's belt, huh?
I wore some Clarks shoes like that when I was 12,13, but by the time I was doing entry level drop testing and such, it was the eighties... Did wear wide belts in high school though!

The drop tester looks capable of testing a 2 ft cube of lead...

Dave Seiter

What are the two left-most plugins the guy is tweaking in 060, and what is the unit in 149?
-Dave

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 08:01:18 AM PDT, Kurt Rosenfeld <kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YoJB_t2OX3jd6xqaJcXolzmO09kzH8zU

I didn't take the photos and don't know anything about them. All I did is scan them. Enjoy.

John Griessen

On 9/11/19 8:36 PM, Dave Seiter wrote:
what is the unit in 149?
Don't know, but the block that sticks out the front has Tek-like knobs and the rest does not...

TomC

That's a Nagra IV-SJ stereo tape recorder. It was an instrumentation data recorder, although it works for audio too.

From Wikipedia:

Nagra IV-SJ - Stereo Nagra for instrumentation and logging. Pots are replaced with switches to set gain in precise steps, no limiters, and when present, the microphone inputs are for high-voltage unbalanced instrumentation mics rather than low impedance balanced with T-power and phantom.

On 9/11/2019 8:01 PM, John Griessen wrote:
On 9/11/19 8:36 PM, Dave Seiter wrote:
  what is the unit in 149?
Don't know, but the block that sticks out the front has Tek-like knobs and the rest does not...

Dave Brown

It's a pro portable reel-to-reel machine (Nagra) that's been modified by
the look of it- maybe into a data recorder.
DaveB, NZ

Don't know, but the block that sticks out the front has Tek-like knobs and
the rest does not...

Jamie Ostrowski

Still won't survive FedEx.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:55 PM John Miles <john@...> wrote:

I love the drop test in img159.jpg. The look on the (engineer's?) face
says it all!

-- john, KE5FX

I didn't take the photos and don't know anything about them. All I did
is scan
them. Enjoy.

Dave Casey

In 060 that's a single plugin - the LA501 logic analyzer. You can see all
the logic traces from it crammed on the scope screen.

Dave Casey

kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YoJB_t2OX3jd6xqaJcXolzmO09kzH8zU

I didn't take the photos and don't know anything about them. All I did is
scan them. Enjoy.

Mlynch001

Yep, Fed Ex and UPS can destroy the best packed and most indestructible instruments made.
--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Dave Seiter

I figured it was an LA, but it looks to me like it's two single-wides next to each other.
-Dave

kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YoJB_t2OX3jd6xqaJcXolzmO09kzH8zU

I didn't take the photos and don't know anything about them. All I did is
scan them. Enjoy.

tek_547

Very interesting pictures from a gone era, thanx for sharing.
René

nonIonizing EMF

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 09:53 PM, Mlynch001 wrote:

Fed Ex and UPS can destroy the best packed and most indestructible instruments
made.
I just recently experienced my first lost in transit package with FedEx. Made it to Memphis TN and who know's? My guess was stolen like the other missing packages I've experienced before.

DON CRAMER

Great photos! Thank you for making them available.

I noticed a few are reversed: photos 15, 35, 47, 48, 53, 73, 74, 160 and 167.

For those unfamiliar with the area, photo 47 is the main campus off Jenkins, view to the southwest. Photo 48 is the Wilsonville plant (Information Display Div), view to the south. And photo 65 is the Walker Road plant under construction (the Semiconductor and Memory Testers, and was it Logic Analyzers?), looking to the southwest.

At the main campus, at the front along Jenkins Road is building 39 on the left, 47 on the right. with 45 (cafeteria) between. Behind 47 is the 4 story Technical Center (bldg 50), with CRT to the left (46 and?), with the sky bridge between. At the top of 50 is the cafeteria. The large flat brick building to the right and back is Com Div's building 58 (TV products and Spec Analyzers). The two story on the right is Operations bldg 55. Just visible at the far left is a corner of building 19 (Accessories). I believe that's largely correct, others can tweak it.

I pleasant treat to see these pictures; thanks again.

BR,
Don

Jason A.

I've posted this one before, but it's so fitting to these comments (and vintage as well) - maybe we just need this luggage to send packages in? :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730

Kurt Rosenfeld

Thanks for pointing out the photos that are reversed. They should be correct now.

Harvey White

Just from one brief look, it looks like the 7d01 in the two center slots (which is needed), a standard sweep in the far right, and he may have the word recognizer, which I think is attached but not always, in the vertical #1 slot.

The LA501 is a similar job, with a WR501 built for the TM500 rack.

Harvey

kurt.harlem@...> wrote:

  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YoJB_t2OX3jd6xqaJcXolzmO09kzH8zU

I didn't take the photos and don't know anything about them. All I did is
scan them. Enjoy.

Chuck Harris

Interesting how much of the office furniture, warehouse
equipment, benches, workspaces, etc, were tek built on
the cheap. Pegboard and 2x2 built office carrels...

Not meaning to be disparaging, but it looks like the stuff
my depression raised farm boy father used to make out of
wooden peach crates and pallets found around the back of
the supermarket... in other words, like my early childhood.

[I was 7 or 8 before I first sat, slept, ate, studied, or
played on anything my father didn't make by hand from
discarded materials, after work.... but I digress.]

It must have been a noisy, dusty, demoralizing environment for
the blue collar workers. And yet, they did some amazing work.

Probably the perfect distance from Washington, DC to get some
work done without interferrence.

-Chuck Harris