Re: UNUSUAL CRT Instruments?

pheilman

Imatron had another unusual CRT type device. They were trying to do a very fast CAT scan of a person to capture a frozen image of a beating heart. Their CRT had a electron gun and an 8 foot semi circle of tungsten as the target. Rather than spinning the source and receivers, they held a large number of receivers in position and moved the source very quickly.

Their product worked and created images that showed the amount of calcium on the arteries.

I had a scan done and thought about lying inside a big CRT at the time. And yes, I had calcium on my arteries.