On 06-Sep-13 3:48 AM, Dennis Tillman wrote:

From: cheater00 ., Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:16 AM

RADAR which you mention is fun because in some types the deflection plates rotated mechanically.

This sounds very interesting. What do they use to rotate the plates mechanically and keep electrical contact on them inside a vacuum tube?

I would love to see a picture.

I once tried to make a simple shutter open and close reliably inside a high vacuum deposition chamber and I never got it to work consistently and reliably.

Dennis