From: d.seiter
To: TekScopes
Sent: Fri, Jul 19, 2013 4:42 am
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] How has Ebay changed the way you acquire used test equipment?

Prior to ebay, the only place I got test equipment was the local swap meet (Foothill/DeAnza), word of mouth, and from dumpsters and piles behind businesses (I figured if they stacked it out in the rain, it was one step from the dumpster...).  The local dealers (Halted/Haltek/etc) were always too $$$ for my taste.

Ebay was actually a great source of information about gear I knew little about (and still is).  Local prices (like craigslist) can be higher, but even those have been falling.

It's all supply and demand.

-Dave