Re: Calling a CRT expert........

John

Tom:

By adjusting the Geometry control as you suggest, the error can be reduced somewhat (but not eliminated). However, it's only at the expense of barrel distortion on the verticals ;>( I've aligned many 453's and never had this problem. The geometry / linearity of these 'scopes is normally exemplary. I've also checked for any ac signals on pins 7 & 9 of the crt, and they're both rock-solid. Pin 10 is grounded.

John

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Miller" <tmiller11147@...> wrote:

Try adjusting R-982 on schematic 16, CRT circuit and see if you can make the lines parallel.

Tom