Calling a CRT expert........

John

I have a 453 which displays y-axis "gain" variation as the scan crosses the screen. I know the following:

The Y plates are being fed with constant voltages
The error is reasonably symmetrical, and the distortion gets worse the further from the horizontal "zero" axis.
If I reverse the drive to the x-plates, the trace distortion is unchanged (i.e. higher deflection on LHS of screen)
The degree of asymmetry is about 0.15 divisions at the extremes of the Y graticule.

The only mechanism I can think of is a lack of parallelism in the Y-plates ???? Is there something I'm missing?

PS I have photos but can't find how to attach ?

John