Re: Interesting "new" refrigerant

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Thanks everyone. I was thinking of how to keep my ice cream cold but use on hot transistors makes sense.

Don Black.

On 11-Jun-13 10:08 PM, Peter Gottlieb wrote:
Systems don't need to be low pressure. Electronics are moving to higher
temperature operation (cooling is a major cost of data centers) and the higher
temperature refrigerants are used in phase change heat pipe systems as well as
pumped (not compressed) refrigerant loops. That's what my company had been
experimenting with using HFE-7000.

On 6/11/2013 5:00 AM, Albert wrote:
+59.5 F (15 C) according to MSDS.
Albert

Does it boil at 60 deg F or -60 deg F at atmospheric pressure? 60 deg
doesn't sound like a great refrigerant unless perhaps used in a low
pressure system.

Don Black.