Re: Non-Tek 7k plugins? Plus: what nonexistent plugins would you wish for?

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Is that the total drain of all the plugins or just one bay (7A17)?

Don Black.

On 10-Jun-13 8:29 PM, Artekmedia wrote:

Chris

the tracking generator for the 7L12/13/14/18 exists ...TR502. It just does not plug into the 7xxx mainframe, it is instead powered by the TM5xx supplies.

I think the problem lies in the "Blivit factor" (10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lb bag) in that the 7L13 & 7L14 are 3 bays wide to begin with and the TR502 is 2 bays wide. Assuming the power supplies could handle it though a single bay redesign that would would fit in the 7XXX using modern day components should be highly possible.

Which then begs the issue of power supply budgeting. The 7A17 manual gives some clue as to the budget
+5v 500ma
+15v 500ma
-15v 500ma
+50v 100ma
-50v 100ma

Not to exceed 16.5 watts for all supplies combined

Dave
NR1DX

On 6/10/2013 4:39 AM, cleyson@... wrote:

A 1GHz sig gen plugin would be useful and a 1.8GHz tracking gen
for 7LXX spectrum analyzers.

Chris

--
Dave Henderson