Re: TV on a 7000 Scope - impossible on any other lab scope

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Well, I checked the 7B53 manual before posting and it indicated it was available. At least the delayed sweep gate is fed from one of the normally input BNC connectors when it's not selected as an input. The specifications indicated the normal sweep gate is also available, not certain how. Other 7Bxx types may be more suitable. It was just a suggestion which seemed plausible, maybe someone else has some thoughts.

Don Black.

On 06-Jun-13 10:16 PM, cheater00 . wrote:

Hi Don,
how does one obtain the sweep gate?

Cheers
D.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Don Black <donald_black@...> wrote:

Perhaps they used the sweep gate signal fed into the Z input, maybe with a bit of external circuitry (especially if intensity modulation was also needed).

Don Black.

On 06-Jun-13 6:05 AM, cheater00 . wrote:

Interesting. Still, as I suspected, it's not possible with what's on
the "outside". I wonder what exactly they did to make blanking
possible.

Cheers,
D.