Re: TV on a 7000 Scope - impossible on any other lab scope

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Well, I checked the 7B53 manual before posting and it indicated it was available. At least the delayed sweep gate is fed from one of the normally input BNC connectors when it's not selected as an input. The specifications indicated the normal sweep gate is also available, not certain how. Other 7Bxx types may be more suitable. It was just a suggestion which seemed plausible, maybe someone else has some thoughts.

Don Black.

On 06-Jun-13 10:16 PM, cheater00 . wrote:

Hi Don,
how does one obtain the sweep gate?

Cheers
D.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Don Black <donald_black@...> wrote:

Perhaps they used the sweep gate signal fed into the Z input, maybe with a bit of external circuitry (especially if intensity modulation was also needed).

Don Black.

On 06-Jun-13 6:05 AM, cheater00 . wrote:

Interesting. Still, as I suspected, it's not possible with what's on
the "outside". I wonder what exactly they did to make blanking
possible.

Cheers,
D.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM, John Rehwinkel <jrehwin@...> wrote:
>> Hi John, do you have the app note? I would be interested since I use
>> raster mode in measurements. I have been wondering whether there's a
>> way to do this at all. I guess maybe with a dual triggering timebase
>> but not sure how.
>
> Okay, my memory wasn't quite accurate, there isn't a specific app note, but apparently Field Offices could obtain information on retrace blanking when raster scanning using a sweep plug-in in a vertical compartment.
>
> From the 7603 manual (under "Raster Display"):
>
> For this type of display, the trace is deflected both vertically and horizontally by sawtooth signals. This is accomplished in the 7603 by installing a 7B-series time-base unit in one of the vertical plug-in ocmpartments.
>
> Another method of displaying information on the raster is to use the EXT Z AXIS input to provide intensity modulation of the display. This type of raster display could be used to provide a television-type display. Complete information on operation using the Z-axis feature is given under Intensity Modulation.
>
> To provide a stable raster display, both time-base units must be correctly triggered. Internal triggering is not provided for the time-base units when they are in the vertical compartments; external triggering must be used. Also, blanking is not provided from the time-base units when they are installed in a vertical compartment. To blank out the retrace portion from the time-base unit in the vertical compartment, special connections must be made from this time-base unit to the blanking network of the 7603.
>
> If this mode of operation is desirable, contact your local TEKTRONIX Field Office or representative for specific information on obtaining blanking with the specific time-base unit being used in the vertical compartment.
>
> - John
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.