Re: TV on a 7000 Scope - impossible on any other lab scope

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Perhaps they used the sweep gate signal fed into the Z input, maybe with a bit of external circuitry (especially if intensity modulation was also needed).

Don Black.

On 06-Jun-13 6:05 AM, cheater00 . wrote:

Interesting. Still, as I suspected, it's not possible with what's on
the "outside". I wonder what exactly they did to make blanking
possible.

Cheers,
D.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM, John Rehwinkel <jrehwin@...> wrote:
>> Hi John, do you have the app note? I would be interested since I use
>> raster mode in measurements. I have been wondering whether there's a
>> way to do this at all. I guess maybe with a dual triggering timebase
>> but not sure how.
>
> Okay, my memory wasn't quite accurate, there isn't a specific app note, but apparently Field Offices could obtain information on retrace blanking when raster scanning using a sweep plug-in in a vertical compartment.
>
> From the 7603 manual (under "Raster Display"):
>
> For this type of display, the trace is deflected both vertically and horizontally by sawtooth signals. This is accomplished in the 7603 by installing a 7B-series time-base unit in one of the vertical plug-in ocmpartments.
>
> Another method of displaying information on the raster is to use the EXT Z AXIS input to provide intensity modulation of the display. This type of raster display could be used to provide a television-type display. Complete information on operation using the Z-axis feature is given under Intensity Modulation.
>
> To provide a stable raster display, both time-base units must be correctly triggered. Internal triggering is not provided for the time-base units when they are in the vertical compartments; external triggering must be used. Also, blanking is not provided from the time-base units when they are installed in a vertical compartment. To blank out the retrace portion from the time-base unit in the vertical compartment, special connections must be made from this time-base unit to the blanking network of the 7603.
>
> If this mode of operation is desirable, contact your local TEKTRONIX Field Office or representative for specific information on obtaining blanking with the specific time-base unit being used in the vertical compartment.
>
> - John
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.