Re: TEK 453 Vert Amp - not 453A

John

WE're talking about the 453 here, and it's the same, in that the light blue line (as seen on original schematic)is a demarquation line for on/off board components.

Could the original poster please state if he has a Nuvistor or FET version? An out-of-spec nuvistor gives rise to dc's which place the trace off-screen,

John

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, David <davidwhess@...> wrote:

The 453A manual uses a thick light blue line for the demarcation,
solid circles for soldered connections, and arrows for mechanical
connections.

Based on the legend in the 453 manual which immediately follows the
schematic, the thin demarcation line was originally blue, solid
circuits are soldered connections, and open circles are mechanical
connections.

Maybe the 453 manual from ArtekManuals is a more faithful reproduction
then the various free ones floating around.

On Mon, 20 May 2013 12:29:46 -0400 (GMT-04:00), "Michael A. Terrell"
<mike.terrell@...> wrote:

Mark, the black dots where the lines cross the boarder to R73, Q84 and others along that line should be open circles to signify a wire connected to something off the circuit board. Some companies assign each a terminal number to make it easier to assemble or repair the equipment. All our schematics used 'E1, E2, E3' etc. As has been pointed out, that line that appears to be shorting out everything should have been broken up dashes, but whoever scanned it either darkened the lines, or had the scanner configured wrong. The lines on the paper schematics are obviously board demarcation points.