Re: Puzzle of the day: 465b will not trigger on channel 2 SUCCESS!

jeffbathwater1

Hi Tom,
I checked the transistor with a DMM on diode (which I think I read in the tek manual you shouldn't do... oops) and an analogue meter and I cannot get any sign of life at all. I think all the connections are open.

I see that Sphere has a few matched pairs of these. It looks like an equivalent transistor for the SPS246 is a 2N4258.

I really appreciate all your help!

Dave

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Miller" <tmiller11147@...> wrote:

Recheck the voltages on Q1746. E-B-C . If you really have +15.02 on the emitter and +8.92 on the base, that transistor has an open B-E junction.