Re: Puzzle of the day: 465b will not trigger on channel 2 SUCCESS!

jeffbathwater1

I checked those transistors as you requested... here is a link to the schematic with my voltages:
465 schematic 2

Q1845 is showing +15.02 at the base not +9.5.   I tried swapping Q1845 with Q1045 from CH1 but still no trigger on CH2!

Hold on!
I was just about to post this when I thought I would try swapping Q1746 with Q1150 from CH1... and yes I get a steady trace on CH2!! You were spot on!
The transistor is a SPS246. Do you think it will be part of a matched pair or can I just use any equivalent device?

I appreciate all the time and effort you and Tom put into help me solve this. I have learnt a lot and it has fueled me to go and read up more to understand more about the scope.  Do you know of any good books that would help?

I'm sure you need a rest from all my questions.. thank you again David.

Dave