Re: Are deflection plates separate from the tube? Do Tek tubes use wehnelt caps?

Don Black <donald_black@...>

This question was already answered nicely about the signal delay line to see the start of an event but did we all misunderstand it? There are some fast scopes like the 519 and 7104 1GHz models that have segmented vertical deflection plates with them coupled by a lumped delay line. This slows the signal down the plates to match the passing electron beam velocity so the same part of the beam is always affected by the same signal. Without doing this the fast signals change during the electron's passing, canceling the defection force.

Don Black.

On 17-May-13 2:36 AM, magnustoelle wrote:

Hi Steve,

Ummm, errm, I was just made aware that your question was not really a question. Trust I have passed this little test :-)

Thanks,

Magnus