Re: Forgot how much I like 465's

Don Black <donald_black@...>

I've had similar thoughts about data compression. If taken to the extreme we could end up with a one bit file. There would be two possibilities, a "one" file or a "zero" file. But how do you tell which super compressed file that single bit is?
Guess we won't go quite that far :(

Don Black.
PS if it's really a zero file, how do you know it exists and isn't just nothing?
I think maybe there was something funny in my lunch today!

On 13-May-13 1:10 AM, Peter Gottlieb wrote:
I loved that book! Thanks for the link, I had loaned it to someone many years
ago and forgot who...

Probably the
one button i-scope comes next.

ST