Re: Solder Sucker Recommendation?

Robert Simpson

Looks like part of the secret is 220V.
Bob

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, Don Black <donald_black@...> wrote:

I'm intrigued by how small they can now make a 420 watt power supply
now. eBay item 280783317481.

Don Black.

On 08-May-13 10:20 AM, Larry McDavid wrote:

It is difficult to beat the performance of a Hakko 808 De-Soldering Gun,
available even on Amazon. With the vacuum pump located in the gun, there
is no air flow restriction within a long hose to a bench-mounted vacuum
source. Frankly, the Hakko 808 gun has *serious* suck! I've not found
anything better for through-hole de-soldering.

Larry

On 5/7/2013 4:28 PM, Philip wrote:
I have been using an old Soldapullt solder sucker I refurbished to work
on boards. It has been working pretty well up until recently. It just
doesn't seem to have enough umph to really pull the solder out of the
holes. I end up getting most of it out but not enough to free the lead.
I then heat it up some more and pull on the device from the other side.
Then I put some solder on the land with the device removed and then the
solder sucker will usually clean it out.

Is this as good as can be hoped for on these old boards and solder or is
there a better way? Does any one have a recommendation for a good solder
sucker or other desoldering method than I have described for removing
components while preserving the integrity of the board and lands?

Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB