Re: OT: the capacitor curse

stefan_trethan

Thank you for that, I really needed the update since I have been TV-less like Dave since the public-service Broadcaster had the law changed so you are forced to pay them even if you don't have the decoder card to watch their stations. The only way to get out of paying is to get rid of all TVs, which I promptly did, and which will work until they have the law changed again so everyone has to pay no matter what.

I can highly recommend this fix, it is 100% effective and my set top box doesn't give me trouble any more. You are much more selective about what you watch if you actually have to do something (like find it on the web or buy a video).

ST

P.S.: Who is Kim Kardashian? Should I know her, how many scopes has she got? And will she sell any to make room for the nursery?

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM, vdonisa <vdonisa@...> wrote:
Let me bring you up to date:

- Britney had a new album
- Wall Street messed it up big time
- Kim Kardashian is pregnant
- there's this new guy Justin Bieber

--- In TekScopes@..., Dave Daniel wrote:

> I fixed that by disconnecting my "cable box" (actually, a satellite
> receiver) and taking it to the recycle place. This approach has been
> working well for over eight years.
>
> DaveD
>
> On 4/22/2013 11:12 AM, Jim wrote:
> > So, who REALLY ever does a full power-down and cold re-boot on their
> > cable box?
> >
> > The junk we have from Time-Warner takes AT LEAST five minutes to do a
> > cold restart.  Much worse than the old tube-type TVs.  And ... one of
> > our brand new LCD TVs that DOES get powered down a lot?  Takes 30
> > seconds to reboot and acquire the cable box signal.
> >
> > Just like 1965.
> >
> > Gentlemen, that's progress.
> >
> > 73
> > Jim N6OTQ