From: doug1052365
Subject: [TekScopes] 453A intensity fluctuates
To: TekScopes@...
Date: Monday, April 15, 2013, 10:44 AM

I'm trying to track down the cause of a fairly rapid intensity fluctuation in my 453A. All power supplies including -1960 and
12KV are stable. I see it on the CRT grid, but not on the anode
of CR940 and not on the Z axis amplifier output. Turning the
grid bias pot a little changes the overall intensity, but the fluctuation is always there.

I conclude the pot is OK, the problem must be C945, R944-948,
the neon lamps or , the CRT. I've looked inside the
H.V. box, all connections look good, neons are not lit and
don't see any arcing.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm at the point of replacing parts
in trial and error fashion.

Doug