Re: OT: the capacitor curse

Don Black <donald_black@...>

We're really getting modern high tech now. Woods metal was used in the twenties to hold galena into the holder for cat's whisker detectors in crystal sets.
I've got some of that Quickchip but haven't used it yet, has anyone here actually used it and how well does it work? From their promotional videos it seems they use it for soldering SMD components in place.

Don Black.

On 16-Apr-13 12:28 AM, guto25 wrote:

Field's metal, becomes liquid at approximately 62 °C (144 °F). As it contains neither lead nor cadmium, it is a non-toxic alternative.
Regards, Carlos.

Em 15/04/2013 10:51, Alexandre Souza - Listas < pu1bzz.listas@... > escreveu:

>resulting alloy. However I cannot find it now, does anyone here know where I could find it again?
    Look for "wood's metal". It is easily found in Brazil

    73 de PU1BZZ Alexandre Souza