Re: solderability

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Has anyone tried Deoxit?

Don Black.

On 13-Apr-13 6:00 AM, David wrote:

Kester Copper Nu (5520) works well for cleaning most metal surfaces
for soldering. I think Solder Nu (5560) is what they recommend for
cleaning tin surfaces. They also make Nickel Nu (5530).
Unfortunately, none of them are easy to find in small quantities or at
all.

I usually use diluted hydrochloric acid on tough jobs. There are some
instructions for purifying hydrochloric acid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv1Ms6Subg4