Re: How many oscilloscopes a gentleman should have?

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Right, must spell gooder. Of course I meant Cherenkov radiation where particles (electrons) travel faster than the speed of light (due to the speed of light being slower in a medium such as water than the speed in a vacuum).
But I'm not sure of the technical details of (Mr.) Chekhov so maybe he would be relevant too.
Then again, perhaps I've just been getting too much radiation.

Don Black.

PS this just shows how the Internet can trap you, before I wrote I Googled Cherenkov to check spelling and as Murphy stepped in, it misspelled it and like a lamb to the slaughter I meekly followed.

On 11-Apr-13 11:26 AM, Dave Daniel wrote:

Cherenkov radiation? I believe Chekhov radiation was a Star Trek innovation, in which case you have followed others who have boldly gone too far. Had something to do with navigational aids or something. Good to know when I'm sitting in front of my P31 485. I'll start wearing sunglasses.

I had forgotten that Mr. Adams had passed away.

DaveD

On 4/10/2013 6:57 PM, Don Black wrote:

That would be a good feat since sadly Mr Adams has shuffled off this mortal coil.
But he's probably right the first time, if you collect more it's like breaking the speed of light, that blue glow may not be P31 but Chekhov radiation.
Perhaps I've boldly gone too far ;) .

Don Black.

On 11-Apr-13 8:35 AM, Dave Daniel wrote:

So, when you get to 42, do you think you will be able to hook them up in such a way as to be able to figure out what the question is? If so, Mr. Adams could write a fifth (or would it be a sixth? I forget) volume for his trilogy.

DaveD

On 4/10/2013 4:00 PM, Dennis Tillman wrote:

Dave is right. The answer is 42.

I’m half way there and I still have 4 feet left between the top of the highest equipment stack in the room and the ceiling so I ought to have enough room for the other 21.

As long as I don’t run out of money or time I might actually make it to 42. Then I will be a very happy fella!

Dennis

From: Dave Daniel, Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:38 PM
You meant 42, right?

On 4/10/2013 1:00 PM, Mike wrote: