Bob

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, Brad Thompson <brad.thompson@...>
wrote:

On 4/7/2013 11:01 AM, bonddaleena@... wrote:
Thanks Jerry. I have a 630 and several others that use 9 VDC. I
guess I
was just surprised that I didn't think about the series aspect of
the
diode. Just getting old. ha ha

ron
N4UE
-----Original Message-----
From: jerry massengale j_massengale@...
To: TekScopes TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, Apr 7, 2013 10:19 am
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Mild OT question â€" Checking diodes

Hi,

If you can get your hands on a triplett 630 you might try that, It
uses
a higher voltage on its ohmmeter.
<snip>
Hello--

Some of the older Simpson 260s used either a 22.5 volt or 30 volt
battery to power the higher ohmmeter ranges. These could damage
or destroy transistor junctions by exceeding their breakdown
voltage ratings. To avoid unpleasant surprises, use a
high-impedance DC voltmeter to measure the higher resistance
ranges' open-circuit voltages.

73--
Brad AA1IP