Re: Tektronix 7104 and 7D20 showstopping?

Don Black <donald_black@...>

That and the Columbia were very sad events that shouldn't have happened. They were perfect examples of Murphy's law.

Don Black.

On 08-Apr-13 6:43 AM, Dave Daniel wrote:

On 4/7/2013 12:25 PM, Craig Sawyers wrote:

[snip]

But as you say - there is no possibility of doing a service visit! Once the
rocket goes - it either works perfectly 100%, or it is a complete and utter
failure. There is a price for that degree of confidence.

Craig

Slightly off topic:

We used to watch the space shuttle launches from the StorageTek parking lot in Palm Bay, FL. I remember one time when I was working through a MIL-217-based reliability assessment of one of my processor board designs and we went out to see a launch, my boss remarked to me something like, "Now those guys need to understand reliability!".

We watched the Challenger disaster in '86 from the parking lot. Not much got done in the engineering building for the rest of the day.

DaveD