Re: Need LCD display for TEK 2336 scope (or repair advice)

Paul Amaranth

I bought them from Mouser. I used a Lumex LCD-S3x1c50tr
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=S3x1c50tr
Looks like they're up to $3.78 for quantity 1 now.

3.5 digit displays are easy; 4.5 digit displays are harder. I ran
across at least one instance where somebody replaced a 4.5 digit
lcd in a Fluke with an LED display.

Here's a thread with more info than you'll need on how to fix them:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/recovery-of-an-old-fluke-8020a-with-a-bad-lcd/

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 09:54:32PM -0400, Peter Gottlieb wrote:
Where the heck do you find LCDs? I have an old meter which has a dead LCD and
I'm willing to string those wires, just need a 3 and a half digit display!

On 3/30/2013 8:12 PM, Paul Amaranth wrote:

I had an old Fluke meter that I replaced the old unobtainable Fluke part with
a standard LCD, that i think cost me $3.50. It involved stringing a bunch of
wires, but it turned out well. The original part had a zerbra strip and
conductors printed on the glass, the replacement was in a DIP package.

See if you can find a similar form factor LCD; after that it's just a matter of
figuring out the connections and a little engineering.

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 04:02:10PM -0000, barreoncall wrote:
Hello all, I am looking an LCD display for the TEK 2336 scope. This is the
delay time display in the cover. Or, alternatively, does anyone have any magic
fixes for an LCD display with "burn" (for lack of a better term. Where there
is a lot of black on the display)

The manual I have lists it as U37 but I can't find a TEK p/n, it just says
"ref U37" and that's it.

Thanks,
- Bill
--