Re: Help Tektronix 466 repair advice

Don Black <donald_black@...>

What's the current lore on using Deoxit on Tektronix switches. It used to be warned to only use isopropyl Alcohol. Deoxit has a very good reputation, is it OK for this scope?

Don Black.

On 28-Mar-13 12:04 AM, Cliff White wrote:

That's interesting. Normally the "Reduced Scan" should make the beam exactly half of the width of the screen. That's what the half-size center graticule was designed for, so that single-sweep events at high speeds could be recorded in storage.

It almost looks to me like really dirty switches, especially the "Store" switch. Have you cleaned all of the contacts with Deoxit or something similar?

P.S.: You might want to turn the intensity down when you're working on it, it looked pretty bright in the video, which could hurt the CRT, and it's not easy to find replacements for a 466. :)

Respectfully,
Cliff White, W5CNW
w5cnw@...

On 03/27/2013 07:08 AM, epicfatigue wrote:
Sems like the beem is being deflected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXx0g8OF3QI

--- In TekScopes@..., "epicfatigue"  wrote:
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am getting into electronics and have been toying with them for the last 8 months, and love it i want to learn MORE!!!

I have repaired 3 CRT arcade monitors thus far so by basic recapping and fault finding,

However i am little stumped as to where to start with this.

I brought it to learn how they work and gain some experience however i think it is broken i have taken a video of its symptoms if someone can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic, i pulled it apart to have a quick look and this thing has caps that are massive!

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDjKbOhsFks"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDjKbOhsFks[/URL]

The Manual is here.
[URL="http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=Tektronix/Tektronix_-_465_Oscilloscope"]http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=Tektronix/Tektronix_-_465_Oscilloscope[/URL]

Thanks everyone i really want to get this going as i can use it for so many applications!

And like everything these days this is my hobby however money is tight these days i would go buy another but i can not afford it.

Thanks All

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: