Re: Cheap Probes

Paul Amaranth

I picked up a couple of these for a 422 (15 MHz). Since there was a
'make an offer' button, I did and got the 2 shipped free for $14.

For a $7 probe, I was impressed. Not bad at all.

Paul

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:28:00AM -0700, Dan Rae wrote:
On 3/12/2013 11:13 AM, anson_williams@... wrote:
Thanks Bob. I forgot the link though in case anyone wants to take a look.

I purchased a pair of these probes for my 475 just because I really
couldn't afford anything else. My question is will i ahve any
issues with these on the 475?
They are quite useful but not by any means perfect for any Tek scope
that requires the read out pin which these lack. That said, I use them
with my SC502 and the switchable ones all the time with my counters that
have a 1 meg Ohm input. They are only rated to 100 MHz nominally which
is another draw back for use with the 475.

Also the witches hat that came with mine will fit /some /of the Tek
probes. For $15 a pair they're worth getting.

Dan
--
Paul Amaranth, GCIH | Rochester MI, USA
paul@... | Unix & Windows