Re: 7000 Series Interface Socket Cover Changing

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Thanks Jerry, that makes me feel so much more confident (but what I feared). Can you tell me more on how you unpeel them and do you use any tool for it.
Does anyone have a photo of a cover so I can see how it clips on (I guess there's a lip that catches).

Don Black.

On 27-Feb-13 11:48 PM, jerry massengale wrote:

Hi Don,

Good luck on your recasting. It must be a really difficult thing to get the right thickness.

I have damaged side pieces by removing them. I had better luck by starting the unpeel at the top or bottom edge and get that edge free before trying the other edge.

There is a similar problem removing and installing the rear plastic bracket on plugins. I have found that warming the part with a heat gun helps. Be careful not to overheat and deform. It is a dangerous thing to do but unsnapping cold 40 year old plastic is risky too.

Jerry Massengale