Yes, I just copied an old Heathkit HW-20 manual by removing the comb and copying the manual and the fold-outs page-by-page. Re-assembling the manual took a long time because the pages were somewhat brittle and i didn't want to rip the comb holes open. It helps tremendously to line up the comb holes as perfectly as possible with some sort of took and then clamp the pages together with spring paper clamps. I probably wouldn't have had the patience to do that twenty years ago.

Any idea what the perf/assembly machines go for on the used market?

Dave

On 2/12/2013 9:13 AM, Jim Reese wrote:

ibico is the company that makes them here in the U.S.

I have a couple perforating/assembly machines and lots of plastic comb bindings. You almost need the machine to put the pages in the comb, or you have to be really patient to do it page by page!

Regards,

Jim

--- On Tue, 2/12/13, Christopher Hilton-Johnson wrote:

From: Christopher Hilton-Johnson
Subject: [TekScopes] plastic binders for Tek instruction manuals
To: TekScopes@...
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 11:01 AM

anyone have a source (either UK or US) for replacements for the (frequently brittle/broken) white plastic spiral binders used to hold the Tek instruction manuals together
My 7704A manual is now a loose collection of pages which seem deliberately to randomly re-order themselves into the most confusing order possible, seemingly done slyly & overnight!
regards
Chris HJ