Bonehead move of the day

Mark Wendt <mark.wendt@...>

Troubleshooting a bouncing trace on an SC502. Narrowed it down to the transistor string on the F&I board. Figured one was getting hot, since the trace didn't start bouncing until after a sufficient warm-up period. Looking at the transistors, I grab the can of freeze spray. Start shooting the spray on the transistors while watching the trace. Look a the transistors and don't see a shield of frost building up like normal, even though I've sprayed them for 3 - 5 seconds. Trace still bouncing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Turns out, DeOxit is not a suitable sub for freeze spray...

Mark