Re: Sources for shipping cartons for vintage Tek scopes?

Cliff White

I had an even worse problem with peanuts. They got smashed into little pieces, then they floated around inside the scope, ending up under one of the HV covers. I then found out the hard way that peanuts become conductive above a few kilovolts... BANG!!! Ouch...

On 02/10/2013 03:03 PM, David DiGiacomo wrote:
Peanuts should never be used as fill, whether in bags or not.  A heavy
item like a scope crushes them into tiny pellets, and then they no
longer function.  Also, they usually escape from a bag and make a
mess.

With the current dimensional weight formula and shipping rates, it's
very expensive to use oversize boxes.  It's also difficult to make a
box smaller without making it weaker.  (I know some people on this
list are good at it, but most people who try, completely fail.)  I
have found that it almost always pays to buy a right size box over
using a free oversize box.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: