Re: Cheap ESR meters. Multi tester.

Robert Simpson

I recently bought one of these. Today I was testing transistors out of
the 485 I am working on. Auto detects type and shows beta. I don't know
how accurate it is, I was just looking for working vs. non working. I
also tested some ecaps out of a PC, and the readings were all over the
place. One 2200uf read 8500uf. I don't have any value certified ecaps to
compare.
Bob

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, laingt@... wrote:

In the past I had read a lot about capacitor ESR and ESR testers. All
the
ones I looked at were pretty expensive. Well I was poking around on
E-bay
and found the following unit for $19.88 with free shipping.
Transistor Tester Capacitor ESR Inductance Resistor Meter NPN PNP
Mosfet/9V
E-bay Auction 170979367244
I thought it was being shipped from china but it arrived today from
Norman Oklahoma. I havn't had a chance to try it out yet but it seems
be nicely made. Standard disclaimer, this isn't my auction, not
related
to seller, etc.
I will play with it a bit and report back.
Tim Laing