Re: Cheap ESR meters. Multi tester.

eboytoronto

Hi Group,

If anybody is interest in building an analog ESR meter, I have posted my design on the EEVblog forum.

Link: http://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/5-transistor-esr-meter-design/

You should be able to build this from your junk box. It only uses general purpose transistors and a 50uA meter.

Regards,

John

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, Bert Haskins wrote:

On 02/02/2013 06:21 PM, laingt@... wrote:

In the past I had read a lot about capacitor ESR and ESR testers. All the
ones I looked at were pretty expensive. Well I was poking around on E-bay
and found the following unit for $19.88 with free shipping.
Transistor Tester Capacitor ESR Inductance Resistor Meter NPN PNP
Mosfet/9V
E-bay Auction 170979367244
I thought it was being shipped from china but it arrived today from
Norman Oklahoma. I havn't had a chance to try it out yet but it seems to
be nicely made. Standard disclaimer, this isn't my auction, not related
to seller, etc.
I will play with it a bit and report back.
Tim Laing