Re: TDS540 Calibration Procedure??

gettingalongwouldbenice

--- In TekScopes@..., "Denis Cobley" <denis.cobley@n...>
wrote:
Hi
SPC has to pass before you attempt any cal adjustments - if SPC
failed then
you still have a 95% chance of a hardware problem.
You seem to have a DAC problem.
snipped very helpful input.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go see if I can figure out
what's happening in the DAC system.

Let's look at the SPC logically. Since I don't have any real facts,
that's all I got. My understanding is that SPC can compensate
for minor temperature variations in the calibration. If it would
pass with ANY or CORRUPTED calibration data, there'd be no need to
ever (externally) calibrate the unit. It would just self-cal and meet
specs.

I propose that a badly miscalibrated unit might fail SPC???

If the calibration constants are so far out that the minor tweeking
of SPC couldn't fix it, one would need to (external) recal to get
things back into the ballpark.

Remember that I've got two acquisition boards with the same symptom
on all 8 channels. And that the boards have been swapped around and
the calibration constants blown away. The control board probably
isn't even sure whether it's a 520 or 540.

Now, if you'd said that it has to pass power on self test before
attempting calibration, I'd agree. It does pass that test.

Bottom line is that eventually I'll need to calibrate the system.
Where can I find the calibration software? I tried to look in
the tekscoparc group, but the moderator either isn't paying attention
or doesn't want me in there. :-(

I do have a working TDS540, but I'm unwilling to swap boards into there
until I have the calibration issues resolved. I already got two
bad scopes...I don't need three ;-)

Thanks, mike