Re: TDS540 Calibration Procedure??

Denis Cobley <denis.cobley@...>

Hi
SPC has to pass before you attempt any cal adjustments - if SPC failed then
you still have a 95% chance of a hardware problem.
You seem to have a DAC problem.
The DAC system is located on the front section of the acquisition board -
this controls the gains and offsets for all channels (including trigger and
position levels).
This is a description based on my reverse engineering of the board so may
not be totally reliable.
Hope it helps.
DAC System

The DAC system consists of a main DAC (U900) an AD667, a number of switch IC
's and the sample & hold Op Amp's.

The DAC output is on pin 9. This goes to large number of various IC switches
in the area of the board from U900 to Ch1 input connector and behind the
Attenuator connector J1153. The DAC system uses a combination of 4051 CMOS
(8 to 1 switches), DG444 (4 x SPST CMOS switches) which demultiplex the DAC
output to DC levels for various functions (Trigger level, Vertical gain,
offset, DC balance). These outputs are fed to Sample & Hold circuits using
TL074 and other Op Amps.

A typical path is the A Trigger Level. This comes from the DAC, is
demultiplexed by a 4051 (U931 pin 3 as the input) and outputted via pin 13
to a TL074 (pin 5). This Sample and hold Op Amp outputs the Trigger Level
(+/- 700mV DC ) to the Trigger Amp (U1552 pin 16) from it's output pin 7.

The DAC system refresh rate seems to be 6.06ms.

Regards
Denis Cobley
www.newteksupport.com