Re: 475 Triggering Issue -- Will recent 468 Triggering Issue Thread Help Me?

The extra three markings on the Volts/Div knob are there for use with a x10 probe, which enables a different lamp behind the Volts/div skirt, so the 5V/Div setting is mechanically the same as the 50V/div setting. The change of lamp is only made with a probe with the correct BNC with probe range pin which connects a resistor from the outer ring of the BNC socket to ground to indicate the type of probe.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@... [mailto:TekScopes@...] On Behalf Of stan_katz
Sent: 27 January 2013 19:58
To: TekScopes@...
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: 475 Triggering Issue -- Will recent 468 Triggering Issue Thread Help Me?

Hi David,

I sampled rear panel ch2 vertical signal per your suggestion. It's coming out at only 1/20th the signal true amplitude. So maybe R403 should be examined? However, a confounding symptom, occurs when I try 1v to 20v sine waves at 60hz with line triggering. I couldn't get a lock. no lock at any other freq. for line source. Another bad sign, which has presented itself since I started exercising all controls through full range...neither of the v/div controls will advance past 5v/div...no 10/20/50v positions possible on either channel. Is this op. error, or what? Ch 2 v/div control skirt illuminator is not lit. Just burned out, or is illuminator driven by other circuitry?

Stan