Re: replacing 475 psu electrolytics

Paul Amaranth

Here's the pattern I use:

http://www.auroragrp.com/agi/tek/cap-adapter-sngl.pdf

I use long bare #12 wires, about 10 inches long with standoffs formed
at the PC end. That way I can thread the new cap into position
without taking the entire scope apart.

Works great as long as you do not damage the board while taking the old caps out.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 09:46:36PM -0000, jonathanrwbrooks wrote:
I want to replace electrolytics in my 475 and not to worried about keeping the old cans. I have seen reference to using a "daughter" board to make the grounding through A9 with a modern radial lead mounted on top of the daughter board. Sounds quite neat and was looking for advice.
Thanks.
--
Paul Amaranth, GCIH | Rochester MI, USA
paul@... | Unix & Windows