Re: Later model Tektronix 4-channel 'scope

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

The 2456x series are great scopes! They can and do, break, sometimes requiring replacement of a Tek made custom part. All of these Tek parts are available, but you may not like the price. Having said that, these scopes are repairable and calibrateable by most reasonably capable users, provided they have access to some equipment. This is not the case with  the later TDS series digitizing scopes. The TDS scope modules are more expensive, they are more complex, and require software and a controller to calibrate. I would recommend a 2465A, as these seem to among the most reliable.

Happy hunting!

From: Dave Daniel
To: TekScopes@...
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 3:43 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Later model Tektronix 4-channel 'scope

All,

I am interested in finding a later-model four-channel Tek 'scope which
has a reasonable bandwidth (300-400 MHz) and some of the measurement
bells and whistles that my older Tek 'scopes lack, such as cursor-based
measurement, frequency/voltage measurement display, etc.

I am thinking that a Tek 2465 would fill the bill. Does anyone have any
comments on the general reliability of that 'scope, or perhaps have a
recommendation for a better choice?

Thanks
Dave