From: "Fred Olsen" <fwolsen@execpc.com>
To: "Tekscopes" <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "Fred Olsen" <fwolsen@wi.rr.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: 519 (Useful Equipment)

Morris Odell wrote:
I just looked at the photo again and it is probable that the serial # in
the photo is just the CRT and not the scope. The scope photo shows one
of those serial number "slugs" on the upper right of the front panel.
Morris, that certainly must be the case. There's no way Tek built
anywhere near that many of them, and they predated the 'production
series' style Bxx + xxxx numbers.

Even so, 36137 is (to me anyway) a surprisingly high CRT S/N. My #398
has CRT S/N 920. I can't recall but there may be a note on the unit to
the effect that the CRT was replaced. If so I have no way to ascertain
if the data mask was also changed then as it should have been. One
could hope, since the rated deflection and rise time factor into
measurements.

Stan, if you copy, do you have any idea how many 519s there were?

(Uh oh; seems as though we're descending from trivia to minutiae again!)
;<))

Fred
--
NOTE: Email address will change as above effective 1 Aug 04.

<><
--
Outgoing checked by Norton AV