485 Died

ehsjr@...

Last nite my 485 was working fine - I set it up to monitor
a signal and went to bed. This morning, it's dead. No trace,
no scale illumination, no fan. Checked all the obvious stuff:
the fuse is good, wall receptacle has power, line cord measures
0 ohms on each wire to it's respective prong. I measured ~60 K
across the line cord prongs, with the switch on, open with it off.

I'm ordering a manual (on CD rom) which will take a few days
to get here. In the mean time, are there any known problems
that cause this? Any tips? An internal fuse or circuit breaker?

Ed