From: "hex2pic" <puddintain@hotmail.com>
To: <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:35 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] 2432 codes

Hello!
There's a very, VERY good posting about interpreting the FAIL codes
on the 2430, 2432 DSOs from a group member (dennis.cob....) wherein
he also cautions that the codes 7000,8000,9000 probably point to a
bad CCD with very grim hope of fixing it. Based on that posting, I am
thinking this is because the chips have some embedded ID number that
is also stored in ROM somewhere at the time of mfg?...that is my take
on it. If this is correct then you can't just swap that chip from one
channel to the other for diagnostics because the computer will reject
it immediately. If this ID is stored in ROM, couldn't the particular
ROM chip be externally copied and then rewritten with edited code
bearing the 'new' serial number from a replacement chip? Is there any
way to do this job properly or improperly (get scope working without
serious calibration, just get it working for general purpose)? I
suppose the other half of the problem would be finding out the ID
number of the replacement chip is too..

I've got a 2432 and channel #2 started failing on powerup test,
intermittently and then worse, and now after a couple weeks it seems
permanently out with the 7000,8000, and 9000 FAIL codes on channel
#2. It crept in rather than just popping up bad one day.. maybe it is
not the CCD? I'm hoping someone will have a comment or idea to kick
around on this topic.
Thanks for Reading!
Dave, in Tucson

Yahoo! Groups Links