Re: Reverting to discussing the origin of the term "parts mule" or "hangar queen"

Paul Amaranth

The trick is to find one already partially canibalized. That at least
reduces the temptation to fix it.

I bought a 465 parts scope which turned out to be a 475/dm43 when
it arrived. As a direct consequence, a 475 parts scope arrived this week.

I'm still looking for a cheap 465 parts scope ...

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 09:41:56AM -0600, David wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:49:32 -0500, Brad Thompson
<brad.thompson@...> wrote:

If you have the space to do so, I recommend collecting at least one
spare, cannibalizable oscilloscope for each Tek model that you
cherish and frequently use.<g>
I tried that but I kept fixing them.
--
Paul Amaranth, GCIH | Rochester MI, USA