Re: 2465B DC Balance/Parametric measurement problem

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

The Parametric measurements use the U500. You will need to recal the entire scope if it is to work completely correctly.
Jim, contact me off list regarding the cal if you want it done. I have all the equipment.

From: jmacwilliams
To: TekScopes@...
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 1:25 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: 2465B DC Balance/Parametric measurement problem

Well, I prefer not to run the DC Balance routine as it will probably upset all the constants it currently has. I did, however, run some of the parametric measurements and they exhibit the same failure mode as on the original (bad) scope. That's what led me to feel the U500 wasn't working correctly. Then I went and ran the DC Balance on the bad scope with the good U500 and that worked. So the bad U500 will work okay as long as you don't run the DC Balance or any of the parametric measurements, which is saying these two features use common circuitry in the U500.

Jim