Re: 2465B DC Balance/Parametric measurement problem

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

I really think it is the trigger hybrid. It is used to make the parametric measurements, so if it is bad, you will get the LIMIT message.

To: TekScopes@...
Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2012 12:31 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: 2465B DC Balance/Parametric measurement problem

I thought so.
But I got Limit Error 114 and Limit Error 124.
So I cannot perform Cal 02 procedure.
But maybe I doing something wrong.
Because of my terrible english, or misunderstanding.

--- In TekScopes@..., Bob Koller wrote:
>
> You probably have a bad trigger hybrid. A pretty common failure. You can try running CAL 2, but I don't think that will fix it..
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: jmacwilliams
> To: TekScopes@...
> Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2012 1:07 AM
> Subject: [TekScopes] 2465B DC Balance/Parametric measurement problem
>
>
>  
> Power on self test works with no problems reported. Switching Volts/Div for both Chn 1 and 2 causes the signal to move vertically on the display. I tried running the DC balance procedure and the scope executes the procedure, but the problem doesn't change.
>
> Parametric measurements do not work either. The scope tries to make a measurement, but ends up not finding the signal, and the Volts/Div ends up on the highest scale.
>
> The Trigger voltage reading is also incorrect. Connecting Chn 1 to the Cal signal, the scope will trigger on the signal when the Trigger voltage reading is somewhere -0.5 to -0.1 volts. The Cal signal is truly between 0.0 and 0.4 volts.
>
> I suspect all of these problems have a common cause. I've checked all the test voltages on J119 and all read correctly.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.